Mah Buddahs

Mah Buddahs

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Owning Emotions

I subscribe to an email called "The Daily Om".  Sometimes it is cheesy.  Sometimes I get ads for perfume that will cleanse my chakras and heal my soul.  But sometimes I get a really good one that feels like it was written just for me.  It was about naming your emotions.  By acknowledging them, you own them, you address them for what they are and only then can you see them for what they are.  It doesn't make them go away, but it gives a sort of release from the apprehension of carrying around something that needs to be felt.

I have had a lot on my mind of late.  And, I think I have done a good job of owning my emotions.  I have let a lot of them out, tried to be as honest as possible.  Life is a journey.  You can only take that journey step by step, addressing what comes up when it comes up.  Own your mistakes.  Own your emotions.  And also own the fact that what others may see as mistakes, you know as truth.  It may not be truth for them, but  that really doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment