Mah Buddahs

Mah Buddahs

Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Day in the Woods

I spent the day with my husband and daughter, tromping through the forest - Mancatcher would have caught us in a minute - and eating lovely freeze dried "food" from a bag.  It was a gorgeous day, perfect for hiking.  I got some great pictures.  What I realized though is that I have so done the tent living, barn living, even horse trailer living thing ... another life, another story.  I don't regret any of it for a minute, even the part where I almost ran my boyfriend over with my car- now that was funny.  That life shaped who I am now.  But, I like my bed.  I like running water.  I like electricity.  I don't think that makes me a bad person.  Now my husband and my daughter are getting ready to bed down for the night in a tent smaller than my camera bag, in the cold, in the woods, less than 3 miles from our nice, warm, thoroughly modern house.  We all make choices in life.

1 comment:

  1. I love sleeping in a tent. It takes me back to all the summers I camped with my family when I was growing up. I feel more centered and at peace when I'm surrounded by nature. :)

    ReplyDelete